Thursday, May 6, 2010

-- Chefscape PRBF1000 Buffet Server Griddle



This is a griddle with optional buffet serving dishes that I've not used, and I wanted a griddle. I thought the dishes were worth $20, one day we'll see. Griddle only is available with a different model number at $20 less. At 27 1/4 x 13 1/2 counting the handles you need to have a storage location lined up. It's quite a bit larger than my prior unit, the handles add a lot to the size. I had to do some reconfiguring of my storage. It does look quite elegant. My main issue is that the temp control goes into the griddle under a handle, making it difficult to see and operate. More difficult than you would ever think. Horrible design. As far as cooking goes, though, I really like it. It does have hot spots, any home unit will, but much less than a run-of-the-mill cheap unit. You can work around that by moving the food around. Scrambled eggs - enough to cover the whole thing - came out flawless each time, with no burning at the hot spots, pancakes too. I do run this a click lower than the suggested temps, which likely helps in that regard. This thing cooks much better than my $40 prior unit, the non-stick coating appears to be a lot better, and it looks 100 times better. All in all I like it, the pros outweight the cons.
(1 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Chefscape PRBF1000 Buffet Server Griddle


  • 1,500W heating element
  • Griddle can be used for cooking or as a warming tray
  • Includes three standard one-third size stainless steel pans and three domed buffet covers with spoon slots
  • Removable temperature control is adjustable from warming to 400 degrees for griddle use
  • Stainless steel trim and handle

No comments:

Post a Comment